Dogs are interactive creatures by nature. They need stimulation and activity to stay healthy both mentally and physically. One way to provide this for your dog is through interactive toys. When choosing interactive toys for dogs, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider your dog’s size and build. A toy that is too small can be swallowed or easily destroyed, while a toy that is too large can be difficult for your dog to handle.
Secondly, think about your dog’s interests and personality. A shy dog may prefer a toy that doesn’t make too much noise, while an energetic dog may need a toy that can keep up with their high energy levels.
Thirdly, pay attention to the materials the toy is made from. Avoid any toys that contain harmful chemicals or that could break easily and become a choking hazard. With these factors in mind, you’ll be sure to find the perfect interactive toy for your furry friend.
We’ll spotlight some of the most popular interactive toys for dogs right here. Keep reading!
1. Petcube Bites 2
With the Petcube Bites 2 interactive dog camera, you can connect with your dog and give him goodies while keeping an eye on them from your smartphone with the Petcube companion app.
You can also configure the Petcube webcam to transmit your dog to friends and family.
Excellent video quality: You can see everything in the room thanks to the 160-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p HD video, night vision, and 4x digital zoom.
Dispensing different doses and distances of treatments: You can shoot your dog’s treats out at various ranges using Angry Birds-style swiping. To keep your dog entertained, you can set the Petcube to deliver treats at predetermined times throughout the day.
Clear sound and a good microphone: Between you and your dog, you may have crisp, clear audio of the same quality as a phone call, thanks to the full duplex sound, a 4-microphone array, and a speaker bar.
There’s Alexa, too: The Alexa assistant embedded into the camera can directly play music for your dog.
Possibility of moment capturing, intelligent alarms, and bark alerts: The camera can alert you when your dog barks, see intruders and even be set up to automatically record your dog’s cutest antics with a Petcube Care subscription.Buy on Amazon
2. VARRAM Pet Fitness Robot
Check out the VARRAM Pet Fitness Robot if you’re ready for a futuristic dog toy.
When you don’t have time to play, your dog can interact with this portable, treat-dispensing device enclosed in polycarbonate.
- The VARRAM Fitness Robot, which is around 6.5 inches wide and 4 inches high, has two big wheels, a cute set of robot eyes, and a treat-ejection port.
- The treat receptacle is simple to wash and load, and you may use any rewards that fit through the slot.
- The VARRAM Fitness Robot has several movement patterns and programs pre-loaded. Still, you can also make your own (and operate the machine in various ways) with the corresponding smartphone app.
- The toy also comes with a feather lure, but cats are probably likelier to like it than dogs.
- The VARRAM Fitness Robot has an IPX4 water-resistance rating, so your dog’s drool won’t damage it.
- The tires can run on hardwood, carpet, or tile floors, and they have software that helps them avoid obstacles, so they don’t hit them or get trapped.
3. Ricochet Dog Toy
The Ricochet Dog Toy is an electronic interactive dog toy made by PetSafe intends to keep your dog active and have fun on its own.
- The two hard plastic balls that make up the device charge separately and then synchronize through Bluetooth.
- The other ball will start to squeak when your dog starts to roll and play with one ball to capture their attention. The opposing ball will then detonate as soon as your dog turns his attention to the squeaky ball and starts tossing it around.
- You will maintain your dog’s interest, and activity will be encouraged as the two balls continue to attract him back and forth between them.
- The two balls may be placed up to 30 feet apart and maintain rhythm. Although You used AAA batteries, Since the Ricochet automatic moving dog toy turns off after 60 minutes of inactivity, it can be used every day for up to a month without needing new batteries.
4. Hyper Pet IQ Licking Mat
The Hyper Pet IQ Licking Mat is the perfect way to keep your dog entertained and mentally stimulated. The mat is covered in various textures and shapes, which encourage your dog to lick, chew, and explore. The varied textures also help to massage your dog’s gums and teeth, promoting oral health. Best of all, the mat is machine-washable and durable, so it will stand up to even the most enthusiastic lickers. The Hyper Pet IQ Licking Mat is a great way to provide your dog with some mental stimulation, while also keeping their teeth and gums healthy.
- There are three varieties of the Hyper Pet IQ Licking Mat, but they are all flat plastic mats with ridged or textured surfaces.
- Spread something tasty and safe for dogs on top to use, then place it in front of your dog. While your dog starts licking and slurping up the stuck-on delicious goodness, the non-slip foundation will keep it in place.
- The licking mats come with your option of three distinct textures and are offered in two sizes (Small/Medium and Large).
- The “Soother” is green and has tiny, spherical bumps.
- The “Buddy” is orange and has elevated “x” symbols.
- Licking mats function with various edible products, including peanut butter, canned pumpkin, yogurt, and canned meals. They are also microwave- and freezer-safe, providing even more options.
- They are also dishwasher safe! Ensure that they pare lace the top rack only.
5. West Paw Qwizl Treat-Dispensing Puzzle Toy
The Qwizl Puzzle Toy is a chew toy/treat dispenser created to occupy your dog and extend the life of your goodies.
This West Paw toy is constructed with longevity in mind and is covered by a manufacturer’s 100% warranty against damage, just like many other West Paw toys.
- The Qwizl is a chew toy that resembles a vaguely-shaped bone and has a hollow chamber that you can fill with food.
- The Qwizl’s compartment functions with a range of goodies, including bully sticks, dental chews, and kibble-like bits, unlike many other dog food puzzle toys.
- The Qwizl Puzzle Toy is produced by US manufacturers using materials that adhere to FDA regulations. It is dishwasher safe, and because of West Paw’s recycling program, you can guarantee that they won’t throw it away after being done using it. Ready for a new one.
- The Qwizl offers two sizes—Large and Small—and three colors—Aqua Blue, Tangerine, and Granny Smith. The former has a 12-inch opening, however.
6. Kong Wobbler
The KONG Wobbler is a sturdy, roughly pear-shaped dog toy with access holes at each end and a hollow interior.
To use the toy, fill it with treats, kibble, or another pet-safe food, then let your dog try to open the toy to get at the tasty gift inside.
- The KONG Wobbler, like most other KONG toys, is made to be not only entertaining but also dependable and safe.
- Its food-grade, high-strength polymer construction, and dishwasher safety make cleanup a breeze. Additionally, the fact created in the USA will give most pet owners peace of mind.
- The Wobbler is also simple to load because the top easily screws off to provide access to the interior. Because the toy’s bottom half is weighted, your dog will enjoy playing with it, and it won’t roll away like some toys of a similar design frequently do.
- The Wobbler comes in Small and Large versions. The giant version can carry a full cup of food, compared to the tiny version’s 1/2 cup capacity. This information suggests that you might be able to use the Wobbler as both an interactive toy and a slow feeder.
7. PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat
Snuffle mats are similar to dog food puzzle feeders, but they appeal to your dog’s natural foraging instincts rather than his analytical abilities.
Although many snuffle mats are available, the Paw5 Wooly Snuffle Mat is among the nicest.
- Environmentally minded manufacturers in Ghana and Thailand that uses repurposed materials to create the machine-washable Paw5 Wooly Snuffle Mat.
- Scatter some kibble or treats among the strands of the mat to get your dog interested in sniffing them out.
- Although this mat offers in one size and one color (Modern Gray), it should fit most dogs and go with just about any type of interior design.
8. Starkmark Treat Dispensing Chew Ball
The Starkmark Chew Ball is a ball toy that may use as a slow-feeder, conventional fetch toy, or treat dispenser.
It rolls and bounces like a regular ball and holds tasty stuff your dog work. It’s entertaining at the beach or pool because it floats.
- The Starkmark Chew Ball creates from what the maker refers to as a “nearly unbreakable” substance and is free of latex, vinyl, and phthalates.
- Starkmark advises against the toy for chewers who are very difficult. The toy is simple to maintain because it is dishwasher safe.
- Flexible plastic tabs force your dog to work hard to acquire his treat while preventing the kibble from coming out too quickly.
- If necessary, you can even cut the tabs to make it simpler to access the snacks.
- There are two sizes of the Starkmark Chew Ball: medium and enormous.
- Buy on Amazon
9. PetSafe Manners Minder Treat & Training Remote Rewarder
Even when you’re not next to him, the PetSafe Manners Minder Remote Rewarder makes it easy to remind your dog who the best guy is. With a small range of up to 100 feet, you can train your dog in the training ring or give treats to the dog to distract them from noises like the doorbell or the annoying squirrel on the porch.
- Since the PetSafe Manners Minder operates remotely, you maintain control over when the treat is released, not your dog. This feature is quite helpful for all the gluttonous goobers out there.
- It’s also great for imparting new knowledge to your dog. Teach your dog the target stick commands like “go to bed. You can also use this interactive game to train commands or as a positive reinforcement to deter annoying habits like crowding the door.
- You only need to add four D batteries to this battery-powered device; you don’t even need to worry about finding an outlet that fits your preferred placement.
The Bob-A-Lot is a toy that resembles a bowling pin and releases treats or kibble gradually as your dog plays with it.
The Bob-A-Lot is a slow feeder containing up to three cups of kibble, making it big enough to hold a complete meal.
- The Bob-A-Lot is made of solid plastic and has a weighted, anti-slip base that makes it bobble in ways most dogs find amusing.
- When your dog shakes or rocks the toy, treats will fall out of an adjustable port built inside the toy. Make the opening bigger if your dog finds getting the prize too challenging; smaller if your dog finds it too simple.
- Unscrew the top cap to access the inside compartment of the Bob-A-Lot to fill or empty it. The Bob-A-Lot is available in two sizes: giant and small.
11. PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug
This is a unique interactive toy that your dog must pull, twist, and tug on a rope to access the treats inside the Tug-A-Jug.
Good pet toy for intelligent breeds and extremely smart mutts.
- The Tug-A-Jug is a toy that consists of three parts. It has a clear plastic bottle, a thick rope that goes through the mouth of the bottle, and a textured rubber wrap with bumps that massage the dog’s gums for added chewing enjoyment.
- You only need to fill the toy with some alluring snacks for your dog to use it.
- When your dog wiggles and manipulates the rope in precisely the proper manner, treats can slip by and spill out of the bottle despite the rope blocking most of the bottle’s mouth (some owners found it helpful to demonstrate the mechanism to their puppy).
- The Tug-A-Jug comes in three sizes: X-small, Small, and Medium/Large.
Reasons Dogs Need Interactive Toys
1. Intellectual Stimulation:
Dogs can quickly get bored even if they are domesticated. Dogs can become disruptive, disobedient, and downright impossible to control their minds. However, even the most excitable dog may unwind with a combination of mental stimulation and exercise.
The primary justification for many dog owners buying toys is exercise. Tossing a ball makes training challenging and enjoyable for you and your dog. A healthy dog must exercise regularly since, without enough activity, a dog might develop obesity and become vulnerable to numerous diseases.
3. Dental Health
Buying your dog some toys that will help clean their teeth while they play is a fun approach to improve their dental health and lessen the need for surgical cleanings. These toys promote chewing, which increases saliva production, reduces plaque buildup, decreases plaque recurrence, and aids in preventing tooth infections.
Playing with your dog’s favorite toys is a terrific way to strengthen your relationship with him. In families with many dogs, toys encourage bonding by fostering canine companionship and a sense of authority among the animals.
Interactive dog toys are the best approach to keep your dog entertained and content while doing other things.
Because there are already so many diverse interactive alternatives available, most people should be able to discover one that is the ideal fit for their four-footed friend.
Choose the appropriate toy for your dog’s size, temperament, and preferred play styles.